Steven G. Mlenak, a partner in the firm’s Real Estate and Redevelopment & Land Use Departments, will speak at New Jersey Future’s 2020 Redevelopment Forum, which will be held on Friday, March 6, 2020 at the Hyatt Regency in New Brunswick.
Mr. Mlenak is panelist for the Ignite! Redevelopment segment of the program, which will be presented from 2:15pm – 3:45pm and will feature a series of 20-slides-in-five-minutes presentations on interesting and offbeat topics related to redevelopment. Mr. Mlenak will address the topic “Understanding New Jersey’s New Land Bank Law” during the session. Other topics to be addressed include:
- Landscape Design for Redevelopment Success
- Opportunity Zones: Are they real opportunity zones or fool’s gold?
- Wave of Redevelopment Transforms Long Branch Oceanfront
- Sea Level Rise: Who Pays and How!?
- Pathways to Progress in Perth Amboy
- Stop, collaborate and listen!
- Partnerships, Products, and Perseverance: Refinancing and Preserving Affordable Senior Housing
- Reducing Landfills Through Cooperative Reuse
- Community Development: Getting Buy-In by Reaching Out
- Adaptive Reuse: New Lives for Old Buildings
Mr. Mlenak concentrates his practice in the areas of redevelopment, land use, zoning, and real estate development. His clients include property owners and developers engaged in mixed use, residential, industrial, commercial, office, retail and affordable housing development projects. Mr. Mlenak counsels redevelopers, property owners and municipalities on all aspects of the redevelopment process, including the negotiation and drafting of redevelopment agreements, review of redevelopment area studies and redevelopment plans, drafting of redevelopment-related ordinances and resolutions, and appearances before redevelopment entities and governing bodies. He provides counsel regarding incentives and tax abatements available at the state and federal level, including the negotiation and drafting of financial agreements (PILOT) under the Long Term Tax Exemption Law and the application for grants under the Economic Development Authority.
Additional program information and registration at: 2020 Redevelopment Forum