Christine F. Li will serve as program coordinator – and Steven Nudelman and Joel Clymer as panelists – for the "2022 Community Association Law Summit," to be presented in person at the New Jersey Law Center on Wednesday, November 9, 2022, from 9:00am – 4:00pm and as a live webinar. The seminar is being presented by the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education (NJICLE) in cooperation with the New Jersey State Bar Association Real Property, Trust & Estate Law Section.
This popular full-day program, offered by NJICLE for the twelfth consecutive year, features a panel of distinguished community association practitioners and consultants who will analyze key topics faced today by community associations governing condominiums and other types of planned communities. Panelists will share their experience across a broad range of topics, and a special luncheon presentation will address some of the day-to-day issues that come up in association operations, providing insight on what community associations may expect in the months and years ahead.
Mr. Nudelman will lecture on contract drafting and risk management issues in community associations, including indemnification and insurance matters. Mr. Clymer will speak on the topic of championing diversity and inclusion while avoiding the common pitfalls of employment litigation. Other topics on the program agenda include:
- The removal of board members and dealing with dissension issues
- Cybersecurity and community associations...cameras, ring doorbells and more
- Budgets and reserve studies - essential strategies for new and existing developments
- Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac issues
- Community association litigation update: What types of situations give rise to litigation? What have the courts decided?
- Ethical requirements for data security - the landlord’s responsibility to protect client data
The focus of the luncheon program is: “The State of the Industry: Management Company Operations - 2022 and Beyond” and will include a discussion of these topics:
- So, How Did the 2022 Pool and Clubhouse Operations Go?
- Open Meetings, Zoom & Legislation to Permit
- Radburn Elections: Is Electronic Balloting the Only Way to Survive the
- Accessory Dwelling Units – Are You Prepared?
- Developer Budgets and Developer Funding Requirements
- EV Charging Stations – The Need Is Exploding
- DocuSign – Can management companies use it?
- Two Years Ago, or Less – None of Above Was Really on The Horizon
- What Has Been the Impact on Management Companies?
Ms. Li is a partner in the firm’s Real Estate Department and is Chair of the Community Association and Planned Real Estate Practice Groups. Her work encompasses new construction condominium and subdivided lot communities, the conversion of rental properties to the condominium form of ownership, mixed-use developments, commercial and business condominiums, workouts of distressed communities, community association law, and the registration of planned real estate developments with the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs (DCA).
Mr. Nudelman is a partner in the Real Estate and Litigation Departments, Chair of the firm’s Construction Contracting & Risk Management Practice Group, and a member of the Community Association Practice Group. Focusing his practice in construction law, he works with clients to prepare and negotiate contract documents for construction projects in the New Jersey and New York metropolitan area. When claims and disputes are unavoidable, he represents clients in state and federal and in local and international mediations and arbitrations.
Mr. Clymer is a partner in the Employment Law and Litigation Departments. His experience encompasses the investigation, evaluation and litigation of discrimination and retaliation claims under various federal and state laws and regulations. In the area of employment counseling, he provides guidance on a variety of employment issues, including those arising under OSHA and the federal FLSA, in addition to other state and federal laws, rules, and regulations. He is a member of the firm’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion leadership team.