I am very competitive and like to win. I'm also a good listener and a creative thinker when it comes to finding solutions to complex problems.
Mr. Clymer focuses his practice in the areas of commercial litigation and employment law. His experience encompasses the investigation, evaluation and litigation of employment discrimination claims from filing through trial, including the defense of clients in state appellate court proceedings. He has also represented business owners and closely held companies in shareholder/member disputes, breach of contract actions, and other business tort matters in state and federal court.
Mr. Clymer previously served as a Deputy Attorney General at the New Jersey Office of the Attorney General, Department of Law and Public Safety, Division of Law. In that role, he handled civil defense litigation in state and federal court with a primary focus on employment litigation, including claims filed under New Jersey's Conscientious Employee Protection Act (CEPA). He also represented agencies in state and federal trial and appellate courts and in administrative hearings before the Office of Administrative Law.
- Board of Directors, Garden State Bar Association
More Activities & Experience
- Vice President of Finance, Barristers' Association of Philadelphia, Inc.
- Recording Secretary, Juveniles Active in Science & Technology (JASTECH)
- Member, Temple Law Alumni Association
- Mr. Clymer has served the West Philadelphia community as an AmeriCorps state and national volunteer
- While attending law school, Mr. Clymer served as President of the Black Law Students Association and was the recipient of a Archer & Greiner Diversity scholarship, a Barristers' Association of Philadelphia, Inc. scholarship, a Philadelphia Bar Association Young Lawyers Division Diversity scholarship, a Sandy M. Brown Memorial scholarship, a Conwell scholarship, and the Jacqueline E. Davis Award
Presentations & Speaking Engagements
- Sponsor: Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP, NJ Hospital Association, NJ Healthcare Financial Management Association, Medical Society of NJ, and NJ Dental Association, June 24, 2020
- Sponsor: Clear Law Institute, April 21, 2020
Publications & Alerts
- Co-Author, NJ Governor Murphy Signs Executive Order 192 in Response to Latest Spike in COVID-19 Cases: New Protective Workplace Requirements for Employers Are Effective November 5Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP, November 2, 2020
- Author, NJ Department of Health Issues Directives to Restaurants Seeking to Comply with Governor Murphy’s Executive Order 150; Overview of Related CDC Updated GuidanceGreenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, June 12, 2020
- Author, OSHA Increases On-Site Inspections, Expands Employee Illness Recordkeeping Requirements in Response to Businesses ReopeningGreenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, May 22, 2020
- Author, Employment Law Update: EEOC Issues Updated Guidance on Accommodating High Risk Employees Under ADA Regulations During COVID-19 PandemicGreenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP, May 15, 2020
- Author, Employment Law Update: EEOC Issues New Guidance on Accommodation Requests; Expands “Undue Hardship” Definition; Provides Guidance for Employers on Employees Returning to WorkGreenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, April 23, 2020
- Author, Employment Law Update: The Four Classifications of Potential Risk on OSHA’s Occupational Risk Pyramid; Additional Guidance for Employers of Critical Infrastructure WorkersGreenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, April 15, 2020
- Author, COVID-19 Employment Law Update: Employer Rights and Responsibilities Following Additional Guidance from the EEOC on the ADA, ADEA and Title VIIGreenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, April 7, 2020
- Author, COVID-19 Employment Law Update: Guidance For Employers from the CDC and OSHA; Employers Rights and Responsibilities Under the ADA and State Anti-Discrimination LawsGreenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, March 24, 2020
- Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis Client Alert, August 8, 2019
Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., 2013
Temple University, B.A., summa cum laude, 2009
- New Jersey, 2013
- Pennsylvania, 2013
- Former judicial law clerk to The Honorable M. Christine Allen-Jackson, Superior Court of New Jersey, Criminal Division