Lauren M. Ahern, Counsel in the firm’s Tax, Trusts & Estates Department, will be on the faculty for the “2022 Estate Planning College,” to be presented as a live webinar by the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education on Friday, April 22, 2022 from 9:00am – 4:00pm.
Estate planning has become much more complicated than just writing a will, having the client sign it and filing it away until the client needs it. This program will delve into the critical details of estate planning providing a roadmap to create a successful estate plan.
The agenda for this webinar covers the following topics:
- Probate Practice in New Jersey
- Overview of New Jersey Death Taxes
- Recent Developments in New Jersey Probate and Estate Tax Law
- Estate Planning Primer, including an Overview of Federal Gift, Estate and Generation Skipping Transfer Taxes
- Estate Planning with Non-Probate Wealth
- Estate Planning for Disabled Beneficiaries
- Recent Developments in Federal Estate and Gift Tax Law
Ms. Ahern focuses her practice in the areas of estate planning and administration, with a focus on high-net-worth individuals. Her work includes business succession and intergenerational planning, long term care planning, charitable gift planning and planned giving, the drafting of various estate planning documents including wills and trust arrangements, and counsel regarding estate and income tax saving techniques in the estate planning process. In the area of estate administration, Ms. Ahern represents fiduciaries and beneficiaries in probate matters, including the satisfaction of federal and state tax obligations, the preparation of petitions and supporting documents, and the settlement of complex estates via formal and informal methods, including probate litigation involving contested wills and fiduciary accountings.
Additional program details and registration on the NJICLE website.