Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP has teamed up with the Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey’s Young Lawyers Division to present a conversation on “Achieving Equality for Minority Attorneys in Federal Court.” The event is a spinoff of the AFBNJ’s May 2018 presentation “A Woman’s Place is in the Courtroom,” which was moderated by AFBNJ trustee and Greenbaum attorney Jemi Goulian Lucey.
“Achieving Equality for Minority Attorneys in Federal Court” will be presented on Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at the Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel in Iselin, New Jersey. A panel discussion and break-out sessions are scheduled for 4:00pm – 6:00pm, and will be followed by a cocktail reception and networking event from 6:00pm – 7:00pm.
The event is free of charge and open to all. Summer associates, law interns and attorneys who have been practicing law for fewer than ten years are highly encouraged to attend.
This will be a welcoming and candid conversation concerning how minority attorneys can create and avail themselves of greater opportunities to participate in federal court. Panelists from the bench and bar, including both private and public sector attorneys, will share historical and current perspectives regarding how attorneys from diverse backgrounds can gain more opportunities to have their professional voices heard.
Raymond M. Brown, a partner in the firm’s Litigation Department, will serve as the panel discussion moderator. Confirmed participants to date are as follows:
- Judge Steven C. Mannion, U.S. Magistrate Judge for the District of New Jersey
- Lora Fong, Esq., Assistant Attorney General and Chief Diversity Officer, Office of the Attorney General
- Alan Dexter Bowman, Esq., Attorney at Law
- Karina Fuentes, Assistant Federal Public Defender, New Jersey Federal Public Defender’s Office
- Sammi Malek, Assistant U.S. Attorney, U.S. Attorney’s Office, for the District of New Jersey
- Rajiv D. Parikh, Esq., Genova Burns, LLC
Luminaries/Break-Out Session Moderators:
- Joseph A. Hayden, Jr., Esq., Pashman Stein Walder Hayden PC; AFBNJ Past President
- Wanda Akin Brown, Esq., Wanda M. Akin & Associates, Attorneys at Law
- The Hon. Paul J. Fishman, Arnold & Porter; former U.S. Attorney
- Dara Govan, Assistant U.S. Attorney, U.S. Attorney’s Office; President, Garden State Bar Association
- Eric S. Pennington, Esq., Eric S. Pennington, PC; Business Administrator, City of Newark
This program is being presented by the AFBNJ and Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP, in conjunction with the Asian Pacific American Lawyers Association of New Jersey, Inc., the Garden State Bar Association, the Hispanic Bar Association of New Jersey, the New Jersey Muslim Lawyers Association, Seton Hall University School of Law, and the South Asian Bar Association of New Jersey. Registration is available online at: www.afbnj.org.