Steven G. Mlenak, a partner in the firm’s Real Estate and Redevelopment & Land Use Departments, will be a panelist at the all-day virtual “NJICLE Winter Conference,” to be presented by the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education (NJICLE) on Monday, November 23, 2020 from 8:45am – 6:30pm (ET).
Mr. Mlenak will participate in the presentation “Advanced Topics in Land Use – Permits, Parking, Pot, Standing and Design” in the Conference’s Special Interest Track. The program, scheduled from 10:30am – 12:10pm, will be presented in cooperation with the NJSBA Land Use Section.
New Jersey is experiencing a rate of change not seen in at least a generation, and land use is one of the most affected areas of practice. This program will provide insight into complex land use and zoning issues including:
- The Parking Revolution: Shared Parking Norms and the Applicability (or Lack Thereof) of Residential Site Improvement Parking Standards in Areas in Need of Redevelopment
- A New Permit Extension Act for A New Emergency
- Standing Issues in Land Use Litigation – Does a Board of Education have standing to challenge Zoning Board approvals under the Municipal Land Use Law? A discussion of Edison Board of Education v. Zoning Board of Adjustment of the Township of Edison (NJ Super App. Division-July 22, 2020)
- Effective Visual Techniques to Help Satisfy the Negative Criteria
- The Problems and Pitfalls of Virtual and Hybrid Meetings
Mr. Mlenak concentrates his practice in the areas of redevelopment, land use, zoning, and real estate development. His clients include property owners and developers engaged in mixed use, residential, industrial, commercial, office, retail and affordable housing development projects. Mr. Mlenak provides guidance from the initial project concept through to construction, including land use planning and approvals, permits and variances and appearances before municipal, county and state planning and zoning boards and agencies.
Program details and registration at: Advanced Topics in Land Use