Joel Clymer, a member of the firm’s Employment Law Practice Group, will present the live webinar “COVID-19 New and Into the Future: A Practical Employment Law Guide for Employers” on Tuesday, April 21, 2020 from 3:00pm - 4:15pm (ET). The program will be presented by the Clear Law Institute.
The recent COVID-19 pandemic presents special challenges for employers seeking to balance efforts to maintain productivity while preventing community spread of the virus in the workplace. This program will provide guidance for navigating complex employment issues to ensure that conscientious employment actions taken during the pandemic do not run afoul of existing federal and state employment laws.
Mr. Clymer will address the following topics during his presentation:
- Implementing he CDC’s guidelines for maintaining a safe and productive workplace without violating OSHA
- Applying the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission’s (EEOC) guidance related to COVID-19, including temperature taking, medical inquiries, and examinations
- Recognizing the unique employment discrimination issues created by the pandemic
- Navigating employment discrimination issues engendered by the pandemic under existing federal and state laws, including the ADA, GINA, ADEA, and Title VII
- Properly responding to the COVID-19 pandemic in light of existing federal and state employment laws
Mr. Clymer focuses his practice in the areas of commercial litigation and employment law. His experience encompasses the investigation, evaluation and litigation of employment discrimination claims from filing through trial, including the defense of clients in state appellate court proceedings. Mr. Clymer previously served as a Deputy Attorney General at the New Jersey Office of the Attorney General, where he handled civil defense litigation with a primary focus on employment litigation, including claims filed under New Jersey's Conscientious Employee Protection Act (CEPA).
Additional program details and registration at: Practical Employment Law Guide