Matthew J. Schiller, a partner in the firm’s Real Estate and Redevelopment & Land Use Departments, will serve as the program coordinator and will be a speaker at the seminar “Commercial Leasing from A to Z,” to be presented on Friday, March 1, 2019 from 9:00am -12:35pm at the New Jersey Law Center. The program will be sponsored by the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education (NJICLE).
This program will provide attendees with a basic understanding of commercial leasing, including:
- What terms should be contained in a lease?
- What is a “gross lease”?
- What is a “net lease”?
- What is a work letter allowance?
- What are the most heavily negotiated “Boiler Plate” provisions?
- Commencement date
- Repair and maintenance clauses
- Operating expense pass-throughs and base years
- Real estate taxes
- What do I need to know about tenancy actions?
- Can the commercial lease be assigned?
Mr. Schiller concentrates his practice in commercial real estate law. His work encompasses a wide array of commercial real estate transactional, zoning, redevelopment, taxation and litigation matters throughout New Jersey, New York and Connecticut.
Additional details and registration at: Commercial Leasing from A to Z