Michael K. Feinberg, a partner in the firm’s Tax, Trusts & Estates Department, will be on faculty for the seminar “Estate Administration Procedures: Why Each Step Is Important” on Monday, June 8, 2020 from 8:30am – 4:40pm. The program will be presented by the National Business Institute (NBI) at the Holiday Inn Hasbrouck Heights.
Mr. Feinberg will lecture on the topic “Understanding Tax Procedures to Avoid Problems Later” at this full-day program, covering the following agenda:
- Overview of Tax Compliance and Post-Mortem Planning
- What You Need to Know to Prepare the Decedent’s Final Income Tax Return
- Filing Requirements for Federal and State Estate Tax Returns
- How the Generation-Skipping Transfer Tax Affects Clients
- Handling Distribution to Minors and Trusts
- Accurate and Inclusive Valuation of Assets
- Determining Alternatives for the Surviving Spouse: Disclaimers, Rights and Options
Mr. Feinberg focuses his practice on estate planning, estate administration, elder law, wills and trusts, tax and business planning for individuals, corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies, and tax controversies. He serves as a strategic advisor to individuals, families, business owners, executors and trustees, counseling clients on a comprehensive range of issues within the areas of tax, trust and estate law.
Additional information and registration details at: Estate Administration Procedures