Robert J. Flanagan III, a partner in the firm’s Litigation Department, will present a live webinar on “FDCPA: Top Mistakes Made When Collecting Debts” on Tuesday, June 16, 2020 from 2:00pm – 3:30pm (ET). The presentation will be sponsored by the National Business Institute (NBI).
FTC Regulators are tightening regulations on numerous Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) violations in an effort to stop harassment and abusive collection retrieval practices. This program will explore the top mistakes that attorneys make regarding the FDCPA and provide proven tactics on how to avoid those errors. Registrations will learn the rules revolving around third-party disclosure and when it is illegal and will better be able to identify and avoid the most common mistakes collectors are making under the FDCPA.
The agenda for this program will encompass the following topics:
- The "Mini-Miranda" Warning - Top Errors Made
- Debtor Cease and Desist Request Pitfalls to Avoid
- The Prohibition Against False, Deceptive and Misleading Representations
- Verification of a Debt - Top Mistakes
- The "Least Sophisticated Consumer" Standard
- Leaving Messages and Other Technology-Related Riddles
- Dealing with Consumer "Stalls" While Remaining Compliant
- Oversights When Discussing Litigation with the Consumer and Third Parties
- Mistakes Made in the Letter Drafting Process
- Risky Vocabulary and Language in Collector Talk-Offs
Mr. Flanagan concentrates his practice in litigation and community association law. His work encompasses all aspects of both state and federal civil and criminal litigation pre-trial, trial, and appellate practice. His experience is focused in the areas of banking and creditors’ rights, white collar criminal defense, landlord-tenant disputes, personal injury, debt collection and commercial litigation.
Additional program details and registration at: FDCPA: Top Mistakes Made When Collecting Debts