Aron M. Schwartz, Esq.
Chair, Employment Law Practice Group
Member, Litigation Department
Justin P. Kolbenschlag, Esq.
Member, Litigation Department and Employment Law Practice Group
Length: 1 hour
*Professional Credit Has Been Requested*
When an employee requests time away from work -- whether for illness, injury, care giving, duty in the armed services, or jury duty -- it is often difficult to weed through the blizzard of acronyms of state and federal laws that may govern such a request. How you handle the request for leave is critical to avoid disputes and potential litigation and to manage your business profitably.
This webinar will help you chart a clear path through the laws -- FMLA, FLA, PFLA, ADA, LAD, Workers Comp, USERRA, and jury duty.
Topics covered will include:
- The circumstances under which an employee is entitled to request time off;
- Who is eligible?
- How much leave may be taken?
- The employer’s obligations and the employee’s rights;
- Paid or unpaid?
- Job security and reinstatement issues;
- Requirements for leave policies in handbooks and postings.