Jemi Goulian Lucey will be on the faculty for the presentation “Human Resource Law From Start to Finish,” to be presented on Wednesday, November 28, 2018 from 9:00am – 4:30pm. The program will be hosted by the National Business Institute, and will be held at the Holiday Inn Hasbrouck Heights.
As employment-related litigation rates continue to rise, employers must look for ways to proactively protect themselves in a legal manner. Human resource compliance can be one of the most costly and time-consuming aspects for a business. It is critical to streamline the process and prevent unnecessary risk.
This program will provide the latest employment law updates. Topics to be addressed include:
- The importance of thorough and accurate paperwork when hiring new employees
- What a handbook should and should not contain, including the advantages and pitfalls of various policies
- Alternative dispute resolution tactics that are effective and advantageous for employment-related matters
- Wage and hour exemption requirements in gray areas such as outside salespeople and highly-paid computer professionals
- Compliance with federal and state WARN Act requirements when performing layoffs
- Unemployment compensation guidelines and cost management
- The latest developments regarding employee behavior and controversial social media policies
- The key steps to investigating employee misconduct thoroughly and legally.
Ms. Lucey concentrates her practice on commercial litigation, employment litigation and professional negligence defense. She represents clients across a broad range of matters, including construction and engineering, civil fraud and business torts, employment related matters, commercial contract disputes, banking and professional malpractice. She is a member of the firm’s Employment Law Practice Group and co-chairs the firm’s Higher Education Practice Group.
Additional program information and registration details at: https://bit.ly/2CQPc45