Jemi Goulian Lucey, a member of the firm’s Employment Law Practice Group and Litigation Department, will be on the faculty for the two-day program “Human Resource Law from A to Z,” to be presented by the National Business Institute on July 17 & 18, 2018 in Princeton, NJ.
The agenda for this comprehensive program covers the key issues faced by human resource professionals and companies of all sizes in today’s complex business environment.
Ms. Lucey will present two segments on Tuesday, July 17:
9:00am – 10:00am – Employment Law Update:
- The Affordable Care Act: The Latest Developments
- Same-Sex Benefits Update
- Immigration Reform: What Businesses Need to Understand
- Other State and Federal Updates
10:15am – 11:15am – Legal Issues in Recruiting and Hiring
- Creating Legally Effective Job Descriptions
- Writing Job Offers and Rejection Letters that Repel Lawsuits
- Legal Aspects of Gaining Information Through Criminal Background Checks and Social Media Accounts
- Drafting Employment Contracts
Ms. Lucey concentrates her practice on commercial litigation, employment litigation, professional negligence defense and the productive use of litigation technology to reduce litigation costs and increase efficiency. She represents clients across a broad range of matters, including construction and engineering, civil fraud and business torts, employment related matters, commercial contract disputes, banking and professional malpractice.
Additional program information and registration details at: www.nbi-sems.com