Gary S. Forshner, co-Chair of the firm’s Redevelopment & Land Use Department, will be on the faculty for the seminar “Land Laws for Civil Engineers and Land Surveyors,” which will be presented on Friday, February 23, 2018 at the Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands from 8:30am – 4:30pm. The program is being sponsored by HalfMoon Education Inc.
Mr. Forshner will lecture on the topic of land use law, including the following topics:
- Understanding land use law
- Governmental power and authority to zone
- Comprehensive land use planning and zoning
- Planning Board and Zoning Board of Adjustment jurisdiction
- Finding existing land use laws and regulations
- Seeking zoning variances or rezoning
- Types of approvals
- The engineer’s role in land use hearing
- Outside agencies – timing and role
- Participating in land use litigation and appeals
- Two takeaways – simple and important, but often skipped
Other sessions in the full-day program will address topics related to state and federal site contamination law, ethical issues in land transactions and development, eminent domain and condemnation law, and adverse possession.
Mr. Forshner concentrates his commercial real estate practice in the areas of land use, zoning, real estate development and redevelopment. He represents local, national and international developers, property owners and other business clients engaged in mixed use, residential, industrial, office, retail and affordable housing development projects. Mr. Forshner provides sophisticated counsel and guidance across all phases of the project life cycle, including land use planning and approvals, permits and variances, appearances before municipal, county and state boards and agencies, and appeals of unfavorable land use decisions. He is a past Chair of the New Jersey State Bar Association Land Use Section.
Additional program information and registration details at: http://bit.ly/2ApwIkA