Matthew J. Schiller, a partner in the firm’s Real Estate and Redevelopment & Land Use Departments, will be a panelist at the Monmouth County Bar Association Real Estate and Land Development Section’s seminar/meeting on Tuesday, November 27, 2018, addressing the topic of legal cannabis in New Jersey and its impact on commercial real estate in the state.
Topics to be discussed during Mr. Schiller’s presentation will include:
- Current/proposed medical and adult-use regulations
- Purchasing/selling property for cannabis use
- Leasing property for cannabis use
- Zoning (drug-free zones – federal, state, municipal)
- Title insurance; other insurance
- Municipal support
- Application Process/Practical Issues
Mr. Schiller concentrates his practice in commercial real estate law. He is a member of the firm’s Cannabis Industry Practice Group. His work encompasses a wide array of commercial real estate transactional, zoning, redevelopment, taxation and litigation matters throughout New Jersey, New York and Connecticut.