Robert J. Flanagan III, a partner in the firm’s Litigation Department and member of the Cannabis Industry Practice Group, will present a seminar on “Marijuana Business Operations” on Monday, May 18, 2020 from 9:00am -4:30pm at the Saddle Brook Marriott. The program will be presented by the National Business Institute (NBI).
The legalization of marijuana has created a multitude of business opportunities, but it has also created many questions and uncertainties for attorneys advising businesses. With so much legal grey area it gets hard to define many aspects of how to actually run the business. In this full-day program, Mr. Flanagan will review the essential skills needed to effectively (and legally) run a marijuana business.
The agenda for this program will:
- Examine marijuana business regulations, state/federal compliance and licensing changes.
- Evaluate the current banking landscape, review requirements of FinCEN guidance, discuss how to get a bank account, raise capital and more
- Review solid marijuana business plans and policies that accurately deal with 401k issues
- Review tax implications Section 280E of the IRS Tax Code
- Review site security and zoning requirements to avoid costly legal ramifications
- Analyze the ethical implications of advising cannabis business clients
Mr. Flanagan concentrates his practice in litigation. As a member of the firm’s multi-disciplinary Cannabis Industry Practice Group, he is prepared to meet the needs of both existing and future clients by providing counsel related to the business and legal impacts of a New Jersey-based cannabis industry, both in the expanded New Jersey legal medical marijuana program and in any potential future adult-use program.
Additional program details and registration at: Marijuana Business Operations