Michael K. Feinberg, a partner in the firm’s Tax, Trusts & Estates Department, will be on the faculty for a seminar addressing the “Top 9 LLC Mistakes to Avoid in Everyday Business Practices” on Thursday, July 18, 2019 from 8:30am – 4:40pm. The program will be hosted by the National Business Institute (NBI) at the Hyatt Place Princeton.
This practical course will examine ways to avoid, manage and leverage formation, tax and operating agreement oversights related to the unique business structure and rules of LLCs.
Mr. Feinberg will lecture during two segments of this full-day program, covering the following agenda:
- Taxation of LLCs - Top Attorney Mistakes
- LLC Taxed as Partnership? Sub S Corp? C Corp?
- LLC or S Corp: Tax and Non-Tax Errors to Avoid
- Single Member LLCs Taxed as Disregarded Entity
- Pass Through Treatment and Formation Issues
- Changing LLC Tax Status and Conversion/Reorganization Tax Mistakes
- Transfer of Appreciated Property to the LLC
- Taxation on Sales of an Interest and Check-the-Box Regulation
- Employment/Self-Employment Tax Issues
- Compensation Planning, Use of Guaranteed Payments and Distributive Shares
- Termination, Liquidation and Dissolution Issues
- Death or Retirement of a Member
- Using Elections to Make Optional Basis Adjustments to Minimize Tax in Distributions
- Sale-Leaseback Arrangements
- LLC Operating Agreements Gone Wrong (with Real-Life Examples)
- Capital Call/Admission of New Members
- Management Removal and Indemnification of Manager
- Voting Provisions and Transfer Restrictions
- Distribution and Allocation Clauses
- Amendments and Tax and Reporting Clauses
- Buy/Sell/Forced Sale Rights, Impasse and Dissolution
Mr. Feinberg focuses his practice on estate planning, estate administration, elder law, wills and trusts, tax and business planning for individuals, corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies, and tax controversies. He serves as a strategic advisor to individuals, families, business owners, executors and trustees, counseling clients on a comprehensive range of issues within the areas of tax, trust and estate law.
Additional information and registration details at: Top 9 LLC Mistakes to Avoid in Everyday Business Practices