Michael K. Feinberg, a partner in the firm’s Tax, Trusts & Estates Department, will be on the faculty of Estate Administration Procedures: Why Each Step Is Important, a full-day live seminar which will be presented by the National Business Institute (NBI) on Monday, June 20, 2016 at the Holiday Inn Princeton from 8:30am – 4:40pm. Mr. Feinberg will lecture on the topic “Understanding Tax Procedures to Avoid Problems Later” from 9:30 – 10:30am.
This seminar will provide fundamental estate administration topics for professionals including attorneys, accountants, paralegals, trust officers, estate planners, tax advisors and financial planners. Topics to be addressed include:
- Foundations of Estate Administration Defined
- Understanding Tax Procedures to Avoid Problems Later
- Preparing to Begin the Administration Process
- Common Issues To Be Prepared for in Litigation and Probate
- Considerations for Collecting the Assets, Preparing the Inventory and Handling Claims Against the Estate
- Being Thorough to Close the Estate Without a Hitch
- Ethical Challenges in Estate Administration
Mr. Feinberg's practice focuses on estate planning, estate administration, elder law, wills and trusts, tax and business planning for individuals, corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies, and tax controversies. He serves as a strategic advisor to individuals, families, business owners, executors and trustees. He counsels clients on a comprehensive range of issues, including the structuring of wealth preservation strategies, the preparation of estate planning documents, and representation in tax controversy matters. He has significant experience in the niche area of elder law, guiding clients through the challenges associated with planning for nursing home or other long term care needs, guardianship issues, and eligibility for Medicaid and related government programs and benefits.
Additional information and registration can be found here.