Lauren M. Ahern, Counsel in the firm’s Tax, Trusts & Estates Department, will serve as a panelist for the webinar “Will Drafting Fundamentals Post Pandemic,” to be presented by the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education (NJICLE) on Monday, September 27, 2021 from 9:00am-12:35pm.
This fundamental program is designed for general practitioners, new attorneys, and support staff who have little or no experience in will drafting. Attendees will also have the opportunity to download a comprehensive handbook to help them draft and execute rock-solid wills.
The program agenda will include:
- The initial client interview and ethical considerations
- Sample Annotated Simple Will, including the proper execution of a will
- Summary of Federal and New Jersey Death Taxes
- Basic Testamentary Estate Planning
- Special Situations (e.g. same sex couples, 2nd marriages, disabled beneficiaries, unmarried cohabitants, family businesses, pets)
- How Covid-19 has changed will drafting
Ms. Ahern focuses her practice in the areas of estate planning and administration, with a focus on high net worth individuals. Her work includes business succession and intergenerational planning, long term care planning, charitable gift planning and planned giving. Ms. Ahern assists clients in the drafting of various estate planning documents including wills and trust arrangements, and provides counsel regarding estate and income tax saving techniques in the estate planning process.
Additional program details and registration are available on the NJICLE website.