Lauren M. Ahern, Counsel in the firm’s Tax, Trusts & Estates Department, will be on the faculty for a live webinar on “Will Drafting Fundamentals for the COVID Crisis and After”, to be presented by the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education on Thursday, September 10, 2020 from 12:00pm – 3:35pm (ET).
This fundamental program is designed for general practitioners, new attorneys, and support staff who have little or no experience in Will drafting and will provide step-by-step details on the will-drafting process. Topics to be addressed include:
- The initial client interview and ethical considerations
- Sample Annotated Simple Will, including the proper execution of a Will
- Summary of Federal and New Jersey Death Taxes
- Basic Testamentary Estate Planning
- Special Situations (e.g. same sex couples, 2nd marriages, disabled beneficiaries, unmarried cohabitants, family businesses, pets)
- How COVID-19 has changed will drafting
Ms. Ahern focuses her practice in the areas of estate planning and administration, with a focus on high net worth individuals. Her work includes business succession and intergenerational planning, long term care planning, charitable gift planning and planned giving, the drafting of various estate planning documents including wills and trust arrangements, and counsel regarding estate and income tax saving techniques in the estate planning process. In the area of estate administration, Ms. Ahern represents fiduciaries and beneficiaries in probate matters, including the satisfaction of federal and state tax obligations, the preparation of petitions and supporting documents, and the settlement of complex estates via formal and informal methods, including probate litigation involving contested wills and fiduciary accountings.
Additional information and registration at: Will Drafting Fundamentals Webinar