I am drawn to understanding all the facts, whether it is a tiny detail or something significant to the case or client matter. With the bigger picture in mind, this attention to detail allows me to creatively defend my clients with intention and purpose.
Ms. Moussavian concentrates her practice in employment litigation, criminal defense, regulatory compliance, internal investigations, and attorney ethics matters and disciplinary proceedings. Her experience encompasses the representation of public entities, private businesses, and individuals in both state and federal court.
Ms. Moussavian’s work includes drafting briefs in support of dispositive motions and other pretrial matters, reports of investigation, discovery requests and responses, trial preparation, and legal research on complex and emerging issues. At the federal court level, Ms. Moussavian has assisted in toxic tort matters by serving as local counsel. Ms. Moussavian has also assisted in drafting filings before the New Jersey Superior Court Appellate Division.
Honors & Awards
- While attending law school, Ms. Moussavian was recognized as a Dorothy Day scholar, as a Leadership Fellow, and as a Bergen County Bar Foundation Law School Scholar
- Seton Hall Legislative Journal, former Comments Editor
- Women’s White Collar Defense Association, New Jersey Chapter
- Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers of New Jersey
- While attending law school, Ms. Moussavian was a student advocate in the Conflict Management program, which included the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York Mediation Program (2018), the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey Settlement Conference Practicum (2019), and the FINRA Investor Advocacy Project (2018-2019). She represented clients in mediation and settlement conferences before the federal court for various civil actions and in securities-related disputes before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority. As a student advocate, Ms. Moussavian's efforts obtained one of the highest settlements in the program's history in an employment discrimination case.
- Seton Hall University School of Law Student Bar Association Senator (2016-2018)
- Seton Hall University School of Law Student Mentor (2018-2019)
More Activities & Experience
- Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Moussavian served as the Senior Manager of Financial Crimes for a Fortune 200 financial technology company where she engaged in the review of various emerging regulatory compliance risks and the implementation of mitigating measures.
- Ms. Moussavian is a native speaker of Farsi
Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D. cum laude, 2019
John Jay College of Criminal Justice (CUNY), B.A., cum laude, 2015
- New Jersey, 2019
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 2020
- New York, 2021
- Former law clerk to The Honorable Jose L. Fuentes, Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division (2019 -2020)