Take a Break from the Summer Heat
Join us for an Educational Presentation & Summer Networking Event at Topgolf in Edison
Tuesday, August 14, 2018
3:00 – 5:00pm – Panel Presentation
5:00 – 7:00pm – Networking & Golf
Employers throughout New Jersey, from companies of all sizes, are formulating strategies to comply with the numerous and important changes that are a result of recent legal and regulatory developments related to employment matters.
New requirements have left many business owners, and finance and human resource professionals, searching for clarity as to how their employment policies and business operations will be impacted, and what steps they should be taking now to avoid problems going forward.
The afternoon will begin with an interactive panel presentation by the Co-Chairs of our firm’s Employment Law Practice Group, Thomas C. Senter and Maja M. Obradovic, as well as Practice Group members Jemi Goulian Lucey and Justin P. Kolbenschlag.
Our speakers will focus on key issues of concern to New Jersey employers, including:
- NJ’s Equal Pay Act, effective as of July 1, 2018
- NJ’s Paid Sick Leave law, scheduled to go into effect on October 29, 2018
- Proposed legislation in NJ that would impact the use and enforceability of employee non-compete agreements if passed into law
- The Affordable Care Act, including an update on the impact of new legislation in NJ related to individual mandates, reinsurance and consumer billing protections
- Other hot topics for employers, including the current interplay between federal law, NJ’s Compassionate Use of Medical Marijuana Act, and the most recent legislative developments related to cannabis in NJ for both medicinal and recreational use
Following the panel presentation, we’ll shift gears and enjoy a couple of hours of relaxed networking and golf – complimentary cocktails and snacks included. Please wear (or bring) comfortable shoes if you plan to swing a golf club!
To register, visit: https://conta.cc/2zARJ0y