Mr. McGowan focuses his practice in the area of real estate law. His experience encompasses all aspects of development, redevelopment, land use and zoning, real property transactions, project financing, and the representation of clients on issues related to property management, landlord-tenant matters, and day-to-day business counseling.
In addition to his experience as an attorney in private practice, Mr. McGowan previously served in an in-house legal capacity for a leading New Jersey based commercial developer. In his role as Vice-President of Development and Legal Affairs, he oversaw the development of numerous multi-family residential, retail and warehouse projects, and also assisted the company in navigating a broad range of legal and business challenges. Through this experience, he has acquired a unique perspective and deep understanding of the issues faced by commercial real estate developers and redevelopers, enabling him to take a business-oriented approach to his work on behalf of clients.
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association; Real Property Trust and Estate Law Section
- Advisory Board, Investors Bank
- Member, Borough of Caldwell Planning Board
Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 2005
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, B.A., 2002
- New Jersey, 2005
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 2005
- Former law clerk to The Honorable Harriet F. Klein, Superior Court of New Jersey, Essex County, Chancery Division (2005-2006)