Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP, a Master Sponsor of the New Jersey Builders Association, will be an exhibitor at the 2019 Atlantic Builders Convention, to be hosted by NJBA on April 3 & 4, 2019 at Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City.
The firm will be located in Booth #618 on the Harrah’s exhibition floor, which will be open on Wednesday, April 3 and Thursday, April 4 from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm each day.
Four of the firm’s attorneys will participate in educational seminars at this year’s Convention:
Wednesday, April 3
- Gary S. Forshner will be a panelist for “Affordable Housing Overview” from 9:00am – 10:45am. The courts continued their lead role in enforcing the constitutional requirement that municipalities must create realistic opportunities for the construction of low and moderate income housing. Attend this seminar to hear about the latest legal developments, including the long awaited decision in the Mercer County case, and what to expect going forward in the changing affordable housing landscape.
- Matthew J. Schiller will be a panelist for “The Impacts of Lending and Tax Policy” from 9:00am – 10:45am. Lending experts from all aspects of residential financing will review industry trends, the programs that are available in today's market and the lending process. Attendees of this seminar will also learn how the federal Tax Cuts and Jobs Act impact businesses and the housing market.
- Robert S. Goldsmith will be a panelist for “Mixed Use Development: What’s Driving the Suburban and Urban Revitalization?” from 2:00pm – 3:45pm. Redevelopment will comprise the majority of new development in NJ for the foreseeable future as suburban and urban communities compete to reinvent themselves. This seminar will present a panel of experts for a discussion about how communities with a vision for the future are working with developers to make it happen today. The panel will also cover the recently enacted NJBA initiative that reforms sewer and water connection fees.
Thursday, April 4
- Matthew J. Schiller will moderate “Finding Opportunities in Opportunity Zones” from 9:00am – 10:45am. The Opportunity Zone program under the Tax Cut and Jobs Act presents a significant number of tax and development opportunities for developers throughout the region. As taxpayers seek sites to re-invest their capitals gains under the program, developers can potentially experience an influx of new streams of capital for developments in qualified locations. This seminar will explore the interplay between the Opportunity Zone program and its many tax benefits and investment opportunities and New Jersey's redevelopment, land use and tax laws and provide examples as to how developers can benefit from these federal and state programs and laws.
- Steven Nudelman will moderate “A Practical Guide to Defending Against Residential Construction Liens” from 12:00pm – 1:45pm. Now that eight years have passed since the New Jersey Construction Lien Law has been amended, how have builders been affected by the residential lien procedures described in Sections 20 and 21 of the Statute? This seminar takes a close look at the "nuts and bolts" of residential construction lien claims, as well as the most practical ways for a developer to defend against them. Gary S. Forshner will serve as a panelist for this program.
The Atlantic Builders Convention (ABC) is the largest regional building industry tradeshow in the Northeast. With state of the art products, innovative services, and educational programs, ABC is also an excellent forum for networking and deal-making for building industry professionals. Additional information and registration at: www.abconvention.com.