Past Events Archive
- 3.1.18Sponsor: The Knowledge Group
Robert J. Flanagan III will speak at this webinar that will provide an in-depth analysis of the current trends and recent court rulings involving white collar crimes.
- 2.27.18Sponsor: Lorman Education Services
Steven G. Mlenak will present this program which will provide practical information to the persons responsible for responding to requests for reasonable accommodations for service and assistance animals.
- 2.23.18Sponsor: HalfMoon Education Inc.
Gary S. Forshner will participate in this program, lecturing on the topic of land use law.
- 2.13.18Sponsor: New Jersey Realtors®
- 2.12.18Sponsor: Industrial and Office Real Estate Brokers Association
Jack Fersko will discuss the impact of the legalization of marijuana on the economy and the real estate market in New Jersey.
- 2.1.18Sponsor: State Bar of Georgia ICLE
Raymond M. Brown will participate in a panel discussion on Trial Tactics.
- 2.1.18Sponsor: Middlesex County Bar Association
Thomas J. Denitzio, Jr. will present at this program focusing on a review of recent case law.
- 1.30.18Sponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
Gary S. Forshner will speak at the program which will walk attendees through the steps required in most towns to get from site plan approval to building permit to final C.O.
- 1.27.18Sponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
The Hon. Michael R. Casale (Ret.) will participate in the panel discussion “ADR: Atmosphere, Direction and Resolution – ADR Techniques and Different Approaches Needed to Manage and Move the Process to Resolution.”
- 1.25.18Sponsor: American Planning Association New Jersey Chapter
Robert S. Goldsmith and Steven G. Mlenak will be on the faculty at the 2018 New Jersey Planning Conference.
- 1.23.18Sponsor: The Knowledge Group
Stephanie G. Reckord is on the faculty for this webinar.
- 1.17.18Sponsor: Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Women's Leadership Forum
Our speaker, Eduardo Placer, is a dynamic public speaking coach who leads game-changing workshops for women professionals throughout the U.S. and beyond.
- 1.16.18Budgetology: The “Science” of Developing Successful and Cost-Effective Relationships with Outside CounselSponsor: The Gavel
Darren C. Barreiro will co-present a breakout session at The Gavel National Conference II.
- 1.10.18Sponsor: New Jersey State Bar Association Construction Law Section
Elyse H. Wolff will moderate this program which will be a point/counter-point presentation on the New Jersey Supreme Court’s recent decision regarding statues of limitations in construction defect cases.
- 12.20.17Sponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
The Hon. Michael R. Casale (Ret.) and his fellow panelists will provide guidance, tips and strategies related to the important concerns involving children with special needs and their parents during divorce.
- 12.14.17Sponsor: National Business Institute
Michael K. Feinberg and Brian R. Selvin will be on the faculty for this full-day program which will present a comprehensive overview of estate planning nuts and bolts.
- 12.14.17Sponsor: The Knowledge Group
John D. North will speak at this program which will address important changes in the appellate rules and other trends happening today and their implications to the appellate practice.
- 12.13.17Sponsor: New Jersey State Bar Association Land Use Section and the New Jersey Chapter of the American Planning Association
Gary S. Forshner will participate in this program, which will examine how the state’s property tax structure impacts land use policy and planning.
- 12.12.17Sponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
The Hon. Michael R. Casale (Ret.) will be a speaker at a seminar on "Pensions, QDROs and Divorce: Understanding Offsetting Methodology, Including Survivor Benefits With the Award, with Special Attention to the New Jersey Systems."
- 12.12.17Sponsor: Middlesex County Bar Association
Michael K. Feinberg will present this seminar at the MCBA Elder Law Breakfast.
- December 6 & 7, 2017Sponsor: National Business Institute
Charles J. Wilkes will present on the topic of “Commercial Real Estate Financing Essentials” and Matthew J. Schiller will present on the topic of “Reviewing the Title Commitment.”
- 12.6.17Sponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
Jack Fersko is the co-planning chair for this seminar.
- 12.5.17Sponsor: The Knowledge Group
Maja M. Obradovic will participate in this webinar which will discuss the profound effect of social media in the workplace and the steps that employers can take to avoid a myriad of issues.
- 12.5.17Sponsor: New Jersey, New York & Pennsylvania Association of REALTORS®
Barry S. Goodman will provide an overview of New Jersey legal issues affecting all licensees, to be followed by a brief question-and-answer period.
- 12.1.17Sponsor: Hunterdon/Somerset Association of REALTORS/Metro Centre Association of REALTORS
Barry S. Goodman will present a legal update class sponsored by HSAR/MCAR.
- 11.15.17Sponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
Christine F. Li will serve as the program coordinator and moderator.
- 11.9.17Sponsor: The Justice Virginia Long Family Law American Inn of Court
The Hon. Michael R. Casale (Ret.) will be a panelist for a special program and provide his judicial perspective in a discussion of the recent New Jersey Supreme Court decision in Bisbing v. Bisbing.
- 11.8.17Sponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
Maura E. Blau will be on the faculty for this program which will provide an overview of key regulatory issues at which may impact climate change and renewable energy development in NJ.
- 11.6.17White Collar Crime Law and the Criminal Justice Reform Under the New Administration: Trends, Developments and UpdatesSponsor: The Knowledge Group
Robert J. Flanagan III will be on the faculty for the live webcast which will review recent developments and new trends related to white collar crime law enforcement under the Trump presidency.
- 10.26.17Sponsor: The Knowledge Group
David A. Roth will speak at this program, which will provide an in-depth analysis of the fundamentals as well as the new amendments in TSCA’s Inventory Rule, going beyond the basics to provide the best strategies and practical tips to avoid potential risks and pitfalls.
- 10.25.17Sponsor: The Knowledge Group
Robert S. Goldsmith will be on the faculty for this live webcast.
- 10.13.17Sponsor: New Jersey Association of Planning & Zoning Administrators
Gary S. Forshner will be part of the panel that will discuss the development process form the points of view of both the Municipality and the Developer.
- 10.10.17Sponsor: New Jersey State Bar Association Women in the Profession Section
Emily A. Kaller will moderate this presentation.
- October 5 - 6, 2017Sponsor: New Jersey Department of Community Affairs, New Jersey Housing & Mortgage Finance Agency, New Jersey Economic Development Authority
Robert S. Goldsmith will participate as a breakout session speaker on the topic of "Successful Redevelopment Areas Case Studies.”
- 9.26.17Sponsor: The Knowledge Group
John D. North will participate in this program, which will provide an in-depth analysis of the fundamentals and all important issues in Environmental Lender Liability.
- 9.26.17Sponsor: Community Associations Institute New Jersey Chapter (CAI-NJ)
Christine F. Li will serve as moderator of this program.
- 9.15.17Sponsor: Association of Corporate Counsel New Jersey
Jemi Goulian Lucey and Maja M. Obradovic will present a program at the ACC New Jersey chapter’s 15th Annual All-Day CLE Conference.
- 9.13.17Sponsor: New Jersey State Bar Association Construction Law Section
Maura E. Blau will lecture on issues related to climate change, disaster law and emergency preparedness.
- 9.7.17Sponsor: The Knowledge Group
Robert J. Flanagan III will be on the faculty for this live webcast.
- 8.14.17Sponsor: Lawline
Michael R. Casale will be a presenter for this webinar on motion practice in New Jersey.
- 8.8.17Sponsor: Academy for Continuing Professional Education
Michael K. Feinberg’s presentation will review the latest planning techniques for dealing with a nursing home or other long term care situation.
- 7.19.17Sponsor: ABA Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law and the American College of Real Estate Lawyers
Lydia C. Stefanowicz will be a presenter for this program which will present the Local Counsel Opinion Letter Supplement prepared by representatives from the opinion committees of the ABA Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law, ACREL, and ACMA.
- 1987- forwardSponsor: ALI CLE (formerly ALI-ABA) National Course of Study
David B. Farer, a partner in the firm and Environmental Department Chair, chaired and lectured at the twenty-third presentation of his advanced ALI CLE Course, "The Impact of Environmental Law on Real Estate and Business Transactions: Brownfields and Beyond." The distinguished national faculty included our partner Ann M. Waeger, who has participated as a lecturer for this program since 1995.
- 6.27.17Sponsor: The Knowledge Group
Maura E. Blau will be on the faculty for the live webcast, which will explore a number of important topics.
- June 23 - 25, 2017Sponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
Raymond Brown and Daniel Flynn will present on the topic of “Ethical Considerations for Internal Environmental Compliance Investigations.”
- June 22-23, 2017Sponsor: National Business Institute
Michael K. Feinberg and Brian R. Selvin will be on the faculty for this two-day seminar.
- 6.22.17Sponsor: NJICLE, in cooperation with the NJSBA RPTE Law Section and CAI-NJ
Christine F. Li is the organizer and moderator of this program, presented by the NJ Institute for Continuing Legal Education, in cooperation with the NJ State Bar Association Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section and the NJ Chapter of the Community Associations Institute.
- 6.21.17Sponsor: Mid-Atlantic Real Estate Journal
Jack Fersko will moderate the panel “Opportunities in the Industrial Real Estate Market & Outlook for 2017/2018.”
- 6.13.17Sponsor: The Gavel
Darren C. Barreiro will lecture at The Gavel – Inaugural Conference: The Art of Negotiating.
- May 17-19, 2017Sponsor: New Jersey State Bar Association
A number of attorneys from Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis will lecture as part of the event’s CLE programming: Raymond M. Brown, Michael R. Casale, Emily A. Kaller, Christine F. Li, Matthew J. Schiller, Daniel M. Serviss, Mark H. Sobel, and Andrea J. Sullivan.
- May 11 & 12, 2017Sponsor: Magna Legal Services
Darren C. Barreiro will serve as a moderator/panelist for a breakout session on “Communications and Jury Selection Exercises."
- 5.10.17Sponsor: Rutgers NJAES Office of Continuing Professional Education
David A. Roth will be on the faculty for this seminar, to be held at Holly House on the Rutgers’ New Brunswick campus.
- 5.2.17Sponsor: New Jersey State Bar Foundation
Brian R. Selvin will lecture on “Wills and Estate Planning” at this program, which is open to the public.
- 4.28.17Sponsor: New Jersey Association for Justice Educational Foundation
Maja M. Obradovic will speak at the New Jersey Association for Justice’s 2017 Boardwalk Seminar event.
- 4.27.17Sponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
W. Raymond Felton and Lydia C. Stefanowicz will be on the faculty of this full-day program.
- 4.27.17Sponsor: NAIOP NJ
Robert S. Goldsmith will be a panelist at this seminar, designed to educate commercial real estate professionals about important information related to PILOT agreements and how they have been used to promote successful redevelopment in New Jersey.
- 4.20.17Sponsor: Sobel & Co., LLC
Alan S. Pralgever will speak at Sobel & Co, LLC’s Quarterly Litigators’ Roundtable presentation.
- 4.19.17Sponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
Raymond M. Brown will lecture at this seminar, which was first presented last year and is being repeated due to strong demand.
- 4.11.17Sponsor: The Knowledge Group
Ann M. Waeger and her fellow presenters will provide an in-depth analysis of the fundamentals of Environmental and Transactional Risk Insurance.
- 4.8.17Sponsor: NJICLE
Nancy Isaacson and Lawrence P. Maher are on the faculty for this program, which will be presented by the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, in cooperation with the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, New Jersey Chapter (AAML-NJ) and the New Jersey State Bar Association Senior Lawyers Special Committee.
- May 7, 2015Sponsor: Justice Marie L. Garibaldi American Inn of Court for Alternative Dispute Resolution
David B. Farer will address the ‘Practitioner/Non-governmental Mediator Perspective’ at an upcoming presentation on Environmental Collaboration and Conflict Resolution, presented by the Justice Marie L. Garibaldi Inn of Court.
- April 4-6, 2017Sponsor: New Jersey Builders Association
Four of the firm’s attorneys will be speakers at educational seminars at this year’s ABC convention: Gary S. Forshner, Robert S. Goldsmith, Steven G. Mlenak, and Matthew J. Schiller.
- 3.31.17Sponsor: The Knowledge Group
John D. North is on the faculty of this program that will provide an overview of the latest trends in lender liability litigation and offer insights into developing strategic practices to help mitigate the risk of legal challenges.
- 3.29.17Sponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
Gary S. Forshner will speak on the faculty at this seminar, to be presented by the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education in association with the New Jersey State Bar Association Land Use Law Section, the NJSBA Senior Lawyers Special Committee, and APA-NJ.
- 3.24.17Sponsor: New Jersey Business & Industry Association
David A. Roth will lecture at the seminar on "Designing a Competent Safety Program" beginning at 9:50am.
- 3.23.17Sponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
Matthew J. Schiller will speak at this Conference which will be presented by the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education (NJICLE) in cooperation with the New Jersey State Bar Association Real Property, Trust & Estate Law Section and the NJSBA Senior Lawyers Special Committee.
- 3.22.17Sponsor: New Jersey State Bar Foundation
Christine F. Li and Robert J. Flanagan III will speak on the faculty of this seminar, which is free and is open to the public.
- 3.10.17Sponsor: NJSBA/NJICLE
Nancy Isaacson will moderate a panel discussion at the 19th Annual William H. Gindin Bankruptcy Bench-Bar Conference presented by the New Jersey State Bar Association Bankruptcy Law Section, in cooperation with the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education.
- 3.10.17Sponsor: New Jersey Future
Robert S. Goldsmith will lecture on a panel at the 2017 New Jersey Future Redevelopment Forum.
- 3.7.17Sponsor: NJICLE
Raymond M. Brown will moderate and lecture at this seminar presented by the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education in cooperation with the New Jersey State Bar Foundation and the New Jersey State Bar Association Senior Lawyers Special Committee.
- 3.1.17Sponsor: Haydn Proctor Inn of Court
Emily A. Kaller, Stephanie G. Reckord and Leslie A. Barham will present a seminar on federal court practice for state practitioners.
- 2.25.17Sponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
Matthew J. Schiller will present this seminar at the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education’s (NJICLE) New Attorney MCLE Day.
- November 21, 2013The Changing Face of Site Remediation & Development in New Jersey: The Impact of Sandy, LSRPs and Other Critical IssuesSponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
David B. Farer, Chair of the firm’s Environmental Department, will lecture and lead a series of discussions and panels at his presentation of “The Changing Face of Site Remediation & Development in New Jersey: The Impact of Sandy, LSRPs and Other Critical Issues." Mr. Farer will be joined by a faculty of senior level DEP officials, Licensed Site Remediation Professionals (LSRPs), and highly experienced environmental attorneys, including Environmental Department partner Jay A. Jaffe.
- 2.10.17Sponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
Robert Beckelman will speak at this presentation which will include segments addressing a number of key issues related to the redevelopment process in New Jersey,
- 1.26-27.17Sponsor: American Planning Association New Jersey Chapter
- 1.26.17Sponsor: Middlesex County Bar Association
Thomas J. Denitzio, Jr. will present this seminar which will discuss pending legislation, including a look at changes to FIRPTA withholding requirements.
- 1.14.17Sponsor: National Association of Tax Professionals
Michael K. Feinberg will participate at this program and will lecture on issues related to inheritance and estate taxes.
- 12.14.16Sponsor: NBI Seminars
Jemi Goulian Lucey will present on the following topics: sending emails to clients, opposing counsel, the court and third parties; inadvertent disclosure; and creation and termination of attorney-client relationship.
- 12.6.16Sponsor: American Bar Association
Stephen H. Knee will present this webinar sponsored by the American Bar Association’s Center for Professional Development, Division for Public Services, Section of Dispute Resolution, Section of Family Law, Senior Lawyers Division, and Solo, Small Firm and General Practice Division.
- 12.3.16Evidence 2016: The Most Recent Rules & Case Law Developments Affecting Demonstrative, Eyewitness & Electronic EvidenceSponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
John D. North will speak at this program which will focus on civil evidence rules and their practical application.
- 12.1.16Sponsor: Middlesex County Bar Association
John J. Reilly is on the faculty for this seminar on appraisals to be presented on Thursday, December 1, 2016 from 5:00pm – 7:00pm at the offices of the Middlesex County Bar Association in New Brunswick.
- 11.16.16Sponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
Christine F. Li will serve as the moderator of the Summit.
- 11.15.16Sponsor: NBI Seminars
Alan S. Naar will lecture at this program that will provide a comprehensive overview of state processes, procedures and the latest case law.
- 11.10.16Sponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
Jack Fersko is the co-planning chair for this event and will moderate and lecture at this program. Matthew J. Schiller is also part of the faculty and will serve as a lecturer.
- 10.28.16Sponsor: New York State Bar Association
Ann M. Waeger will be part of a faculty of experienced environmental insurance counsel, brokers, and risk management specialists who will examine critical aspects of environmental insurance coverage and provide valuable information on using environmental insurance as a risk management tool.
- 10.27.16Sponsor: New York City Bar Association
Raymond M. Brown and his fellow speakers addressed fundamental questions in the context of the latest developments related to reassessing the relationship between international criminal trials and the relationship between such trials and transitional justice.
- 10.26.16Sponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
Barry S. Goodman will address the topic of “Dissecting the New Standard Statewide Real Estate Contract of Sale”.
- 10.26.16Sponsor: Community Associations Institute New Jersey Chapter Annual Conference & Expo
Christine F. Li will participate as a speaker at this year's Expo.
- 10.20.16Sponsor: Middlesex County Bar Association Professionalism Day
Maja M. Obradovic will lecture on “The Challenges of Electronic Communication & Social Media.”
- 10.13.16Sponsor: Supreme-Metro Corp.
Robert J. Flanagan III will be on the faculty of this educational seminar focusing on slip, trip and fall claims.
- October 5-6, 2016
Robert S. Goldsmith and Robert Beckelman will be on the faculty for the “Redevelopment Training Institute” two-day course sponsored by the New Jersey Redevelopment Authority.
- October 2016Retrieval of Digital Evidence - a Technical Education for the Non-Technical AttorneySponsor: Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers of New Jersey
- 9.21.16Sponsor: Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP and WeiserMazars LLP
Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP and WeiserMazars LLP will host this program which will provide a first-hand overview of the internal flow of cases within the EEOC, the pre-mediation process, emerging issues on the workplace discrimination front, best practices for employers to prevent EEOC charges or provide a strong defense to allegations, and pitfalls employers should avoid when dealing with the agency.
- 9.20.16Sponsor: CAI-NJ Community Academic Institute
Justin P. Kolbenschlag will present this program, part of CAI-NJ's Community Academic Institute 2016 Lecture Series.
- 9.16.16Sponsor: Association of Corporate Counsel New Jersey
W. Raymond Felton will speak at the ACC New Jersey chapter’s 14th Annual All-Day CLE Conference.
- 9.12.16Sponsor: HB Litigation Conferences
Dennis A. Estis will chair the all-day program as well as serve as moderator for two panels. Steve Nudelman will also moderate two panels.
- 9.7.16Sponsor: Community Associations Institute New Jersey Chapter
Robert J. Flanagan III will participate at the Workshop speaking on the topic of maintaining employee records, evaluations and termination.
- 8.30.16Sponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
Emily A. Kaller will be a panelist at this event, discussing what civil reservation of rights is, the importance of correctly entering the reservation of rights, and its impact on a later personal injury action.
- 8.11.16Sponsor: NBI Seminars
Robert J. Flanagan III will speak on the topic of Pre-Suit Collection Strategies.
- Jul 11-12, 2016Sponsor: American College of Trial Lawyers and New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
John D. North will be a speaker at the two-day program.