Past Events Archive
- November 21, 2013The Changing Face of Site Remediation & Development in New Jersey: The Impact of Sandy, LSRPs and Other Critical IssuesSponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
David B. Farer, Chair of the firm’s Environmental Department, will lecture and lead a series of discussions and panels at his presentation of “The Changing Face of Site Remediation & Development in New Jersey: The Impact of Sandy, LSRPs and Other Critical Issues." Mr. Farer will be joined by a faculty of senior level DEP officials, Licensed Site Remediation Professionals (LSRPs), and highly experienced environmental attorneys, including Environmental Department partner Jay A. Jaffe.
- 2.10.17Sponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
Robert Beckelman will speak at this presentation which will include segments addressing a number of key issues related to the redevelopment process in New Jersey,
- 1.26-27.17Sponsor: American Planning Association New Jersey Chapter
- 1.26.17Sponsor: Middlesex County Bar Association
Thomas J. Denitzio, Jr. will present this seminar which will discuss pending legislation, including a look at changes to FIRPTA withholding requirements.
- 1.14.17Sponsor: National Association of Tax Professionals
Michael K. Feinberg will participate at this program and will lecture on issues related to inheritance and estate taxes.
- 12.14.16Sponsor: NBI Seminars
Jemi Goulian Lucey will present on the following topics: sending emails to clients, opposing counsel, the court and third parties; inadvertent disclosure; and creation and termination of attorney-client relationship.
- 12.6.16Sponsor: American Bar Association
Stephen H. Knee will present this webinar sponsored by the American Bar Association’s Center for Professional Development, Division for Public Services, Section of Dispute Resolution, Section of Family Law, Senior Lawyers Division, and Solo, Small Firm and General Practice Division.
- 12.3.16Evidence 2016: The Most Recent Rules & Case Law Developments Affecting Demonstrative, Eyewitness & Electronic EvidenceSponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
John D. North will speak at this program which will focus on civil evidence rules and their practical application.
- 12.1.16Sponsor: Middlesex County Bar Association
John J. Reilly is on the faculty for this seminar on appraisals to be presented on Thursday, December 1, 2016 from 5:00pm – 7:00pm at the offices of the Middlesex County Bar Association in New Brunswick.
- 11.16.16Sponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
Christine F. Li will serve as the moderator of the Summit.
- 11.15.16Sponsor: NBI Seminars
Alan S. Naar will lecture at this program that will provide a comprehensive overview of state processes, procedures and the latest case law.
- 11.10.16Sponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
Jack Fersko is the co-planning chair for this event and will moderate and lecture at this program. Matthew J. Schiller is also part of the faculty and will serve as a lecturer.
- 10.28.16Sponsor: New York State Bar Association
Ann M. Waeger will be part of a faculty of experienced environmental insurance counsel, brokers, and risk management specialists who will examine critical aspects of environmental insurance coverage and provide valuable information on using environmental insurance as a risk management tool.
- 10.27.16Sponsor: New York City Bar Association
Raymond M. Brown and his fellow speakers addressed fundamental questions in the context of the latest developments related to reassessing the relationship between international criminal trials and the relationship between such trials and transitional justice.
- 10.26.16Sponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
Barry S. Goodman will address the topic of “Dissecting the New Standard Statewide Real Estate Contract of Sale”.
- 10.26.16Sponsor: Community Associations Institute New Jersey Chapter Annual Conference & Expo
Christine F. Li will participate as a speaker at this year's Expo.
- 10.20.16Sponsor: Middlesex County Bar Association Professionalism Day
Maja M. Obradovic will lecture on “The Challenges of Electronic Communication & Social Media.”
- 10.13.16Sponsor: Supreme-Metro Corp.
Robert J. Flanagan III will be on the faculty of this educational seminar focusing on slip, trip and fall claims.
- October 5-6, 2016
Robert S. Goldsmith and Robert Beckelman will be on the faculty for the “Redevelopment Training Institute” two-day course sponsored by the New Jersey Redevelopment Authority.
- 9.21.16Sponsor: Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP and WeiserMazars LLP
Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP and WeiserMazars LLP will host this program which will provide a first-hand overview of the internal flow of cases within the EEOC, the pre-mediation process, emerging issues on the workplace discrimination front, best practices for employers to prevent EEOC charges or provide a strong defense to allegations, and pitfalls employers should avoid when dealing with the agency.
- 9.20.16Sponsor: CAI-NJ Community Academic Institute
Justin P. Kolbenschlag will present this program, part of CAI-NJ's Community Academic Institute 2016 Lecture Series.
- 9.16.16Sponsor: Association of Corporate Counsel New Jersey
W. Raymond Felton will speak at the ACC New Jersey chapter’s 14th Annual All-Day CLE Conference.
- 9.12.16Sponsor: HB Litigation Conferences
Dennis A. Estis will chair the all-day program as well as serve as moderator for two panels. Steve Nudelman will also moderate two panels.
- 9.7.16Sponsor: Community Associations Institute New Jersey Chapter
Robert J. Flanagan III will participate at the Workshop speaking on the topic of maintaining employee records, evaluations and termination.
- 8.30.16Sponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
Emily A. Kaller will be a panelist at this event, discussing what civil reservation of rights is, the importance of correctly entering the reservation of rights, and its impact on a later personal injury action.
- 8.11.16Sponsor: NBI Seminars
Robert J. Flanagan III will speak on the topic of Pre-Suit Collection Strategies.
- Jul 11-12, 2016Sponsor: American College of Trial Lawyers and New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
John D. North will be a speaker at the two-day program.
- 6.30.16Sponsor: Mid-Atlantic Real Estate Journal
Jack Fersko will moderate the panel, “Opportunities in the Industrial Real Estate Market & Outlook for 2016/2017.”
- 6.28.16Sponsor: ALI CLE
David B. Farer will be a faculty member for this program which will provide diverse and insightful perspectives on these questions and the key issues concerning the EPA’s Clean Power Plan.
- June 24-26, 2016Sponsor: New Jersey State Bar Association
Daniel Flynn will speak on the topic “TSCA in the 21st Century: Existing Regulation of Chemicals in Commerce and Looming Changes.”
- 6.22.16Sponsor: The Knowledge Congress
Ann M. Waeger will participate on this panel that will provide an in-depth discussion of the fundamentals of transactional insurance.
- 6.20.16Sponsor: National Business Institute
Michael K. Feinberg will be on the faculty of Estate Administration Procedures: Why Each Step Is Important, a full-day live seminar.
- 6.17.16Sponsor: New York State Bar Association’s Environmental Law Section and Sabin Center for Climate Change Law at Columbia Law School
Maura E. Blau will speak on the panel “Barriers and Overcoming Them” from 3:30pm – 4:30pm.
- 6.16.16Sponsor: New Jersey Builders Association
Robert S. Goldsmith will lead a discussion of how builders, remodelers and supporting industries can best position their businesses to be part of the surging redevelopment market in New Jersey.
- 6.15.16Sponsor: WeiserMazars
W. Raymond Felton will participate on the panel, "Preparing Your Company for a Capital Transaction."
- 6.15.16Sponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
Meryl A.G. Gonchar will be a speaker at this program.
- 6.8.16Sponsor: Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Women's Leadership Forum
Our speaker is Dr. Teresa M. Schaer, a Concierge physician who combines traditional medicine with non-medical and alternative strategies to prevent and treat the problems of life for women and men of all ages.
- 6.2.16Sponsor: Middlesex County Bar Association
John J. Reilly will be a presenter at this seminar.
- 5.25.16Sponsor: American Bar Association Section of Real Property, Trust & Estate Law, Webinar
Lydia C. Stefanowicz will be a speaker at this webinar beginning at 1pm (ET).
- 5.25.16Sponsor: Middlesex County Bar Association
Maja M. Obradovic will lecture at an MCBA seminar focusing on social media.
- 5.12.16The 2016 Local Counsel Opinion Report: A Revolutionary Supplement to the Real Estate Finance Opinion Report of 201228th Annual Spring SymposiaSponsor: American Bar Association, Section of Real Property, Trust & Estate Law
Lydia C. Stefanowicz will be a panelist at a program that will present a report prepared by representatives of the opinion committees of the ABA RPTE Section, ACREL and ACMA.
- 5.12.16Sponsor: Greater Middlesex/Somerset Estate Planning Council
Michael K. Feinberg will be making a presentation at a breakfast meeting beginning at 7:45am.
- 5.11.16Sponsor: Northeast New Jersey Chapter of the Appraisal Institute – 10th Annual Meadowlands Conference
Matthew J. Schiller will give a presentation which will focus on the legal challenges associated with e-commerce growth and their impact on real estate transactions and the appraisal process.
- 5.10.16Sponsor: BLR—Business and Legal Resources
Daniel Flynn and David A. Roth will give a presentation that will cover the proposed rule’s background and provisions, likely timelines for the rule’s implementation, and guidelines on how best to prepare and comply with this new set of EPA regulations.
- 5.9.16Sponsor: Middlesex County Bar Association
Andrea J. Sullivan will serve as moderator of the program.
- 4.27.16Sponsor: ABA Section of Real Property, Trust & Estate Law
Jack Fersko will be a presenter for this webinar which will provide basic information and drafting tips on major lease provisions that need to be addressed in all leases.
- 4.27.16Sponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
Raymond M. Brown will lecture at this seminar that will explore a critical event in the post-Holocaust period: the largest yet least known war crimes trial in history.
- 4.22.16Sponsor: Taylor Management
Christine F. Li will present a session focused on legislative updates in community association law.
- 4.21.16Sponsor: Morris Arts
Glenn Berman will be participating as a Host Conversationalist at this event which connects attendees with prominent individuals from all walks of life who facilitate a thoughtful exchange of ideas.
- 4.14.16Sponsor: NJSBA Elder Law & Disability Law Section in cooperation with NJICLE
Michael K. Feinberg will be on the faculty of the 18th Annual Elder Law Retreat, which will be held on April 14 & 15, 2016.
- April 12-14, 2016Sponsor: TransAction 2016: NJ Transportation Conference and Expo
Robert S. Goldsmith will participate at this Conference which presents workshop sessions focused on topics including bus, rail, roads, bridges, goods movement, pedestrian/bicycle, paratransit, community transportation and ports.
- 4.11.16Sponsor: NJICLE
Ellen H. Marshall will be a panelist for this program at which attendees will learn key strategies for dealing with issues faced when planning for retirement.
- March 29-31, 2016Sponsor: New Jersey Builders Association
Meryl A.G. Gonchar, Robert S. Goldsmith, Christine F. Li and Daniel Flynn will participate on panels at this year's Convention.
- 3.30.16Sponsor: NYLS Alternative Dispute Resolution Skills Program
Alan S. Pralgever will lecture at this event, which will provide an overview of lawyers’ ethical obligations to third parties in negotiation, as well as mediators’ ethical obligations to the parties and the profession.
- 3.23.16Sponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
Meryl A.G. Gonchar will be a panelist at this full-day program, which has long been regarded as the definitive source for current information about New Jersey Land Use practice.
- 3.22.16Sponsor: NAIOP New Jersey
Robert S. Goldsmith will participate in the program by leading a roundtable discussion on Structured Parking.
- 3.21.16Housing Discrimination and Reasonable Accommodations: A Hot Topics Primer for Board Members & Property ManagersSponsor: CAI-NJ Community Academic Institute
Steven G. Mlenak will lecture on the legal issues of key importance to community association property managers and association board members.
- 3.18.16Sponsor: American College of Real Estate Lawyers
Lydia C. Stefanowicz will lecture at the Mid-Year Meeting of ACREL, the premier organization of U.S. real estate lawyers.
- 3.18.16Sponsor: MidAtlantic Real Estate Journal 2nd Annual Land Development Summit
Meryl A.G. Gonchar will moderate a panel that will explore how cities are effectively working with builders to fast track the approval process for projects and other related topics.
- 3.11.16Sponsor: New Jersey Future Redevelopment Forum
Robert S. Goldsmith and Robert Beckelman will be speakers at this event, which attracts more than 500 local and state officials, citizen activists, development professionals, architects, attorneys, planners, business leaders and students.
- 3.10.16Sponsor: The Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey
Ray Brown will lead a session titled “Justice Brennan: Judge, Justice, and Jerseyan,” which will provide inside perspective on Justice Brennan as a champion of liberty and equality from those who worked with him and studied his legacy.
- 3.3.16Sponsor: Middlesex County Bar Association
Thomas J. Denitzio, Jr. will lecture on the topic of Real Property Tax Appeals which will include the taxpayer side of the issues.
- 3.2.16A Close-Up Look at Two Hot Topics In the WorkplaceSponsor: Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Women's Leadership Forum
Maja Obradovic and Justin Kolbenschlag will present a program developed specifically for our WLF audience of professional women and individuals involved in the ownership or management of small businesses, with the goal of clarifying key points and addressing common concerns related to harassment in the workplace and social media in the workplace.
- 3.1.16Sponsor: New Jersey State Bar Association, Environmental Law Section
Daniel Flynn will be a speaker at a program that will discuss how pharmaceutical wastes are currently handled, the current status of the EPA’s proposal and how the proposed regulatory amendment would work.
- 1.29.16Sponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
Robert Beckelman will moderate a panel discussion on the impact, from the planner’s perspective, of the New Jersey Supreme Court’s ruling in the case 62-64 Main Street v. Hackensack.
- 1.28.16Sponsor: American Planning Association, New Jersey Chapter
Robert Goldsmith will moderate a panel discussion at the 2016 New Jersey Planning Conference, a two-day educational event sponsored by the New Jersey chapter of the American Planning Association.
- 1.28.16Sponsor: Middlesex County Bar Association
Thomas J. Denitzio, Jr. will focus on a broad range of topics related to the practice of real estate law.
- 1.21.16Sponsor: WeiserMazars LLP/Association of Food Industries
W. Raymond Felton will participate in a joint presentation of the Association of Food Industries and WeiserMazars, LLP, a leading accounting, tax and consulting firm.
- 12.16.15Sponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
Jack Fersko will lead a panel of commercial real estate professionals through a comprehensive discussion of topics associated with commercial real estate transactions.
- 12.10.15Sponsor: Middlesex County Bar Association
Michael K. Feinberg will be a speaker at an Ethics/Elder Law CLE Breakfast which will provide an overview of the ethical issues non-elder law attorneys may face when dealing with aging and disabled clients.
- 12.4.15Sponsor: Commerce and Industry Association of New Jersey/Montclair State University
Daniel Flynn will participate in this workshop presentation which will focus on recent changes within the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection’s solid and hazardous waste programs and related impacts on the handling, disposal and use of solid and hazardous wastes.
- 11.23.15Sponsor: Middlesex County Bar Association
Daniel Flynn will be a speaker at this program that will cover a broad range of environmental issues that can impact practitioners in the areas of real estate, land use, redevelopment, corporate law, insurance and municipal/public entity law.
- 11.19.15Sponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
Matthew J. Schiller will participate as a panelist at this program which will cover a broad range of topics related to residential real estate practice.
- 11.19.15Sponsor: 100th Annual New Jersey State League of Municipalities Conference
Robert S. Goldsmith will be a speaker at the 100th Annual Conference: The Foundation for a Bright Future. The event is traditionally one of the largest municipal gatherings in the country.
- 11.18.15Sponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, in cooperation with the New Jersey State Bar Association Real Property, Trust & Estate Law Section and the Community Associations Institute – New Jersey Chapter
Christine F. Li and John D. North will participate at the this annual program featuring presentations by a panel of community association practitioners, including attorneys, accountants and other industry professionals.
- 11.16.15Sponsor: intrepidNOW
- 11.10.15Sponsor: NJSBA Women in the Profession Section; International Justice Project; Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP; Monmouth University Leon Hess School of Business
Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP is proud to co-sponsor this event. Stephanie G. Reckord and Raymond M. Brown will serve as panelists.
- 11.2.15The Closing … Everything You Needed to Deal With on the Day a Merger/Acquisition/Buy/Sell of a Dealership ClosesSponsor: National Association of Dealer Counsel (NADC)
Eric H. Melzer will participate in a session at the National Association of Dealer Counsel’s 2015 Fall Conference, that will cover all items needed for the closing of a transaction involving the purchase, sale or merger of a dealership.
- 10.29.15Sponsor: New Jersey State Bar Foundation
Brian R. Selvin will participate in a free public seminar as part of the American Bar Association’s seventh annual national celebration of Pro Bono Week, during which local attorneys give back to their communities.
- 10.28.15Sponsor: Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Women's Leadership Forum
Join the Women's Leadership Forum at for this program that will provide an insightful and educational overview of the Social Security benefits landscape, including specific strategies for optimizing benefits.
- 10.27.15Sponsor: Working Group on Legal Opinions (WGLO)
Lydia C. Stefanowicz will participate in a panel discussion on “Issues for Recipients of Legal Opinions.”
- 10.23.15Sponsor: New Jersey Paralegal Convention
Ellen C. Marshall will lecture on improving research and writing skills for seasoned legal professionals, addressing ways to sharpen writing skills and methods for incorporating research into legal writing.
- 10.16.15Sponsor: National Business Institute
Michael K. Feinberg will be on the faculty of this full-day seminar and will speak on the topic of “Understanding Tax Procedures to Avoid Problems Later,”
- 10.1.15Sponsor: New Jersey Redevelopment Authority
Robert S. Goldsmith and Robert Beckelman will be presenters at this course on the redevelopment planning law process which will provide a broader understanding of the crucial issues, steps and challenges associated with New Jersey’s Local Redevelopment and Housing Law.
- 9.26.15Sponsor: Community Associations Institute, New Jersey Chapter
The firm will be an exhibitor at the 2015 Conference & Expo, taking place at the Garden State Exhibit Center in Somerset, NJ.
- 9.18.15Budgetology: The ‘Science’ of Developing Successful and Cost-Effective Relationships With Outside CounselSponsor: Association of Corporate Counsel, New Jersey Chapter (ACCNJ)
Darren C. Barreiro and Matthew J. Schiller will lead a panel discussion at the Association of Corporate Counsel, New Jersey Chapter’s Annual All-Day CLE Conference.
- 8.27.15Sponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
John D. North, Eric Tunis and The Hon. Glenn Berman (Ret.) will be speakers at this program.
- 7.29.15Sponsor: New Jersey Builders Association
Christine F. Li will be a panelist for a presentation focusing on the process of transitioning a community association to the homeowners.
- July 28-29, 2015Sponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
Mark H. Sobel will be a moderator and The Hon. Glenn Berman (Ret.) and Barry S. Sobel will serve as panelists at the program.
- 7.13.15Sponsor: Sports Lawyers Association
Eric H. Melzer will be a panelist at the group’s upcoming seminar that will focus on areas of legal advice, beyond the basic nuts & bolts, which lawyers may need to incorporate into their representation of athletes.
- 6.26.15Sponsor: NJ State Bar Association Environmental Law Section and NJ Institute for Continuing Legal Education
Daniel Flynn will participate at the 2015 Environmental Law Section Forum Weekend from June 26 to June 28 in Avalon, NJ.
- 6.24.15Sponsor: NAIOP New Jersey Chapter
Meryl A.G. Gonchar will moderate the Legal Update panel discussion.
- 6.23.15Sponsor: The Senate Human Rights Caucus and The Washington Working Group on the International Criminal Court
Raymond M. Brown will be part of a panel that will discuss the prospects for accountability, justice and peacebuilding in Sudan.
- 6.22.15Living History: A Conversation with Carlotta Watts LaNier of the “Little Rock Nine”, Paulette Brown and MoreSponsor: New Jersey State Bar Association Diversity Committee
Raymond M. Brown will be a panelist at this seminar, part of the Diverse Voices Conference Series.
- 6.3.15Sponsor: NJSBA Real Property Trust and Estate Law Section and NJ Chapter of Community Associations Institute
Christine F. Li will serve as moderator and speaker at this upcoming seminar presented in cooperation with the New Jersey State Bar Association Real Property Trust and Estate Law Section and the New Jersey Chapter of the Community Associations Institute.
- 6.1.15Sponsor: New Jersey Builders Association
Carlton T. Spiller will serve as a panelist at an upcoming construction law seminar sponsored by the New Jersey Builders Association.
- 5.28.15Sponsor: Magna Legal Services
Darren C. Barreiro will participate in a micro-panel discussion and “mock crisis challenge” as part of an upcoming presentation hosted by Magna Legal Services.
- 5.26.15Lessons Learned from DarfurSponsor: Cyrus R. Vance Center for International Justice, International Justice Project, International Coalition for the Responsibility to Protect, the African Affairs Committee of the New York City Bar Association
Raymond M. Brown will speak on “Representing Darfur Victims Before the International Criminal Court at an upcoming NYC Bar seminar.
- 5.14.15Family Law Matters Involving LGBT LitigantsSponsor: New Jersey State Bar Association
- 5.13.15Sponsor: Rutgers University – NJ Agricultural Experiment Station
David A. Roth will lecture at the “Discharge Prevention Program: Compliance in New Jersey” hosted by Rutgers University.