Arthur M. Greenbaum, a founder of our firm and one of the deans of real estate law in New Jersey, has been honored with a 2016 Lifetime Achievement Award by the New Jersey Law Journal.
Jemi Goulian Lucey and Stephanie G. Reckord have been selected for inclusion in this annual publication that annually recognizes the career accomplishments of young lawyers who have established themselves as leaders within their firms and organizations, as well as within the larger legal community.
Barry S. Goodman serves as Vice-Chair of the Board and he also serves on the Hunterdon Healthcare System Executive Committee.
Thomas C. Senter has been reappointed to a three-year term as Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Englewood Hospital and Medical Center and its parent organization, Englewood Hospital System.
Dennis A. Estis, Steven Nudelman and Stacy M. Manobianca are the co-authors of “Construction Laws and Customs: New Jersey.”
- 3.11.16New Jersey Super Lawyers Includes Thirty-Nine Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis Attorneys in 2016 Edition
Thirty-nine of the firm’s attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2016 edition of New Jersey Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business, following the publication’s annual nomination, research and blue ribbon review process.
Ms. Li was awarded the 2015 Hall of Fame Award.
Christopher J. Ledoux and Stephanie G. Reckord have been named Partner and Senwan H. Akhtar, Lisa J. Clapp and Jemi Goulian Lucey have been named Counsel.
- 1.8.16Dennis A. Estis and Steven Nudelman Co-Author 2015 Update to Online Treatise on NJ Construction Lien Law
Mr. Estis and Mr. Nudelman have co-authored the New Jersey chapter of LienLaw Online since 2001.
Mr. Flanagan's appointment on the Committee, which promotes the importance of CAI membership and recognizes new programs and initiatives for Business Partner members, will run from January 1, 2016 – December 31, 2016.
- 11.5.15Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis Partner David B. Farer Appointed President of American College of Environmental Lawyers
David B. Farer was appointed President of the American College of Environmental Lawyers (ACOEL) at the College’s October 2015 Annual Meeting in New York City.
Nita S. Vyas, Steven G. Mlenak and Leslie A. Barham have joined the firm.
Ms. Li succeeds longstanding Group Chair Wendell A. Smith in assuming this new role.
- 8.17.15Six Individuals Selected for “Lawyer of the Year” Recognition
We are pleased to announce that 42 of the firm’s attorneys have been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2016.
Jemi Goulian Lucey has served on the Board of Directors of NJWLA since 2011 and is a former Co-Chair of the group’s Judicial Outreach and Programming Committees.
- 6.30.15Raymond Brown Appointed to American Bar Association Center for Human Rights and Elected Fellow of the American Bar Foundation
Raymond M. Brown has been appointed a member of the ABA’s Center for Human Rights, which addresses critical human rights issues, developing policy, projects, and educational initiatives to advance human rights both nationally and internationally, and elected a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation.
Steven Nudelman has been named a columnist for Plumbing Engineer and a featured columnist for Plumbing & Hydronic Contractor (PHC) News.
Barry S. Goodman also serves on the HHS Board of Trustees and on the Strategic Planning Committee (Chair), the Committee on Trustees, and the Quality Committee (former Chair).
Joseph M. Oriolo has been a member of the CYMCA’s Board of Directors for over 8 years.
- 6.9.15The Center for Real Estate at Rutgers Business School Names Meryl A.G. Gonchar to its Founding Advisory Board
Meryl A.G. Gonchar, co-chair of the firm’s Redevelopment & Land Use Department, has been appointed to the founding Advisory Board of The Center for Real Estate.
Emily A. Kaller was installed at the Association’s Annual Meeting, which was held on June 4, 2015 at The Breakers in Spring Lake, NJ
- 6.1.152015 Chambers USA Guide Recognizes Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis in Four Practice Areas; Ranks 15 Partners as Leading Individuals
Alan E. Davis, Thomas J. Denitzio, Jr., Martin E. Dollinger, David B. Farer, W. Raymond Felton, Jack Fersko, Robert S. Goldsmith, Meryl A.G. Gonchar, Jay A. Jaffe, Christine F. Li, Alan S. Naar, John D. North, David A. Roth, Paul A. Rowe and Ann M. Waeger have been selected for inclusion in this year's edition.
Raymond Brown, Andrea Sullivan, Glenn Berman, Emily Kaller, Matthew Schiller and Stephanie Reckord were on hand to participate in various CLE program offerings.
Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis is proud to announce that our new website has received two awards in the 2014 Interactive Media Awards competition and a 2015 Gold AVA Digital Award.
- 4.1.15Paul A. Rowe is Number One Ranked Attorney in New Jersey Super Lawyers for Unprecedented Fourth Consecutive Year- 2015 Edition Recognizes 40 GRS&D Attorneys -
Glenn Berman is the host of “The Law Matters,” the latest addition to the Sound Advice program series on 1450 AM WCTC Talk Radio.
- 3.2.15Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Welcomes Two Real Estate Partners and Three Associates To The Firm
Lydia C. Stefanowicz and Matthew J. Schiller have joined the firm's Real Estate Department; Peter Phillips has joined the firm in the Corporate Department; Barry S. Sobel has joined the firm in the Family Law Department and Richard J. Tracy has joined the firm in the Litigation Department.
The Hon. Glenn Berman, JSC (ret.), Of Counsel in the firm’s Litigation Department, recently received the 2015 Arthur H. Miller Lawyer Achievement Award from the Middlesex County Bar Association.
- 12.9.14Firm Represents Camden Redevelopment Agency In Deal With Salvation Army To Build New Community Center On Former Landfill Site
Robert Beckelman, David A. Roth and Anthony Giountikos were involved in the firm’s representation of the Camden Redevelopment Agency in its negotiations with the Salvation Army for the remediation, acquisition and redevelopment of a former 85-acre landfill in Camden.
Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP is pleased to announce the publication of the 2015 edition of “New Jersey Condominium and Community Association Law,” co-authored by firm partners Wendell A. Smith, Dennis A. Estis and Christine F. Li.
Stephen H. Knee authored the book, which offers an overview of the practical, legal, and psychological issues most commonly present in a business breakup, as well as methods of resolution and preventative approaches to the problem.
- 11.25.142015 Edition of “New Jersey Business Litigation” Published by New Jersey Law Journal Books: Paul A. Rowe and Andrea J. Sullivan Are Co-Authors
Paul A. Rowe and Andrea J. Sullivan co-author the publication, which covers a broad range of subjects about which businesses litigate and is written from the perspective of how New Jersey courts will view the case.
- 11.10.14Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis Partner David B. Farer Named President-Elect of the American College of Environmental Lawyers
David B. Farer has been named President-Elect of ACOEL, a national professional association of distinguished environmental lawyers.
Associate Senwan Akhtar is a Special Editor of the October 2014 issue of New Jersey Lawyer Magazine, a publication of the New Jersey State Bar Association.
Our partner Alan E. Davis has been elected Vice Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Barnabas Health, Inc.
We are pleased to announce that 42 of the firm’s attorneys have been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2015.
The firm was proud to serve as a Contributing Sponsor and the sole law firm sponsor of the Food & Beverage Forum and CEO Best Practice Summit, the first of its kind to be held in New Jersey.
- 7.3.14Environmental Department Attorneys Appointed to Posts in State & National Bar Association Environmental Sections
David A. Roth has been reappointed as chair of the Environmental Disclosure Committee of the American Bar Association Section on Environment, Energy and Resources. Maura E. Blau was appointed Chair of the New Jersey State Bar Association Environmental Law Section, and Daniel Flynn was elected to the Section's Board of Directors.
Names Robert S. Goldsmith and Meryl A.G. Gonchar As Co-Chairs
- Jack Fersko to Co-Chair Real Estate Department with Thomas J. Denitzio, Jr. -
- 6.16.14Greenbaum Associate Charles J. Wilkes Recognized by New Jersey Law Journal on 2014 “New Leaders of the Bar” List
Charles J. Wilkes has been selected for inclusion in this annual publication that recognizes the career accomplishments of young lawyers who have established themselves as leaders within their firms and organizations, as well as within the larger legal community.
- 6.12.14--14 Partners Ranked As Leading Individuals--
The 2014 Chambers USA Guide to America’s Leading Lawyers for Business has once again placed the firm among the top tier law firms in New Jersey in four core practice areas - Litigation, Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions, Real Estate and Environment.
Paul A. Rowe will be honored by the New Jersey Law Journal as the recipient of its 2014 Lifetime Achievement in Litigation Award.
Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis is pleased to be a Silver Sponsor of I.CON: The Industrial Conference 2014.
Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP is pleased to announce the publication of the 2014 edition of Real Estate Closing Procedures, authored by partner Christine F. Li.
Attorneys from the firm who presented at the Meeting include Raymond A. Brown, Andrea J. Sullivan, Glenn Berman, Ellen C. Marshall, and Emily A. Kaller.
- 5.17.14- Andrea J. Sullivan to be Installed as First Vice President -
Alan E. Davis will receive a 2014 Robert N. Wilentz Lifetime Achievement Award from the MCBA at its 100th Anniversary Gala Dinner. Andrea J. Sullivan will be installed as First Vice President.
Partner David A. Roth is the author of a chapter on “Health and Safety, Prevention and Right-To-Know Reporting”.
- 5.16.14Greenbaum Real Estate Team Represents Developer Jonathan Rose Companies in South Orange Redevelopment Project
Attorneys involved in the project: Jack Fersko, Robert S. Goldsmith, Kenneth T. Bills, Meryl A.G. Gonchar, David B. Farer, Hal W. Mandel, John H. Hague, and Charles J. Wilkes.
- 5.8.14Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis Attorneys Exhibit and Lecture at Annual New Jersey Cooperator Condo, HOA, Co-Op and Apartment Management Expo
GRS&D attorney participating at the Expo: Dennis A. Estis, Christine F. Marks, Jessica Goldfinger and Robert J. Flanagan. John H. Hague was a panelist for a seminar on “Collections & Evictions” and Jeffrey A. Sirot was a participant at the show’s “Ask the Expert” free advice booth.
- 4.1.14-- Paul A. Rowe Receives Number One Ranking For Third Consecutive Year --
Thirty-nine of the firm's attorneys have been selected for inclusion and our chairman Paul A. Rowe once again has the distinction of being "Ranked Number One"
Raymond M. Brown has been recognized by LCA as one of the twenty-four first recipients of its inaugural Peter Perlman Service Award.
Attorneys involved in the transaction: Hal W. Mandel, Senwan H. Akhtar, Anthony Giountikos, Martin E. Dollinger, David A. Roth and Thomas C. Senter.
Alan E. Davis and Senwan H. Akhtar, handled the transaction with assistance from Michael K. Feinberg and Jo Ann Gambale.
- 12.10.13Greenbaum Partners Handle Complex Acquisition of Automobile Dealerships and Real Property in Georgia
Partners Alan E. Davis and Eric H. Melzer counseled the client on its acquisition of a Cadillac franchise, a Mazda franchise and the real estate on which both dealerships are located.
Meridith J. Bronson has joined the firm’s Roseland office in the Family Law Department.
Meryl A.G. Gonchar received the award at the 2013 President's Awards and Hall of Fame Dinner.
Raymond M. Brown, a partner in the firm’s Litigation Department, has been named to serve on the New Jersey State Bar Association Task Force on Judicial Independence.
David B. Farer was elected Secretary of the ACOEL, a professional association of distinguished lawyers who practice in the field of environmental law.
John D. North authored the treatise, “A Trial Lawyer’s Strategic Guide to the New Jersey Rules of Evidence,” which provides trial attorneys with invaluable tips and concrete strategies for using the Rules of Evidence to gain a tactical advantage in the courtroom.
The award was presented to Emily A. Kaller for demonstrating “conduct, competence and demeanor” which sets “a positive example for others in the profession.”
Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP is pleased to announce that 42 of the firm’s attorneys have been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2014.
- 8.13.13Dennis A. Estis and Steven Nudelman Co-Author 2013 Update to Online Treatise on NJ Construction Lien Law
Litigation partners Dennis A. Estis and Steven Nudelman are Contributing Authors of the New Jersey chapter of Construction Publication Inc.’s LienLaw Online.
John D. North was inducted into IATL at its Mid Year Meeting.
- 7.23.13Partner Meryl Gonchar Installed As Secretary of the New Jersey State Association of Jewish Federations
Meryl A.G. Gonchar was recently installed as Secretary of NJSAJF at its Annual Meeting.
David A. Roth, a partner in the Environmental Department, was appointed Chair of the American Bar Association Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources Environmental Disclosure Committee for the 2013-2014 term.
- 6.3.132013 Chambers USA Guide Recognizes Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis As Leading Law Firm in Four Practice Areas14 Partners Ranked As Leading Individuals
Attorneys listed in this year's Guide: Paul A. Rowe, Alan S. Naar, John D. North, W. Raymond Felton, Alan E. Davis,Thomas J. Denitzio, Jr., Meryl A. G. Gonchar, Martin E. Dollinger, Jack Fersko, Robert S. Goldsmith, Christine F. Li and Ann M. Waeger.
- 5.24.13Andrea Sullivan and Meryl Gonchar Installed as 2013-14 Officers/Trustees
Partner Dennis A. Estis received the Arthur H. Miller Lawyer Achievement Award, Andrea J. Sullivan was installed as MCBA SEcond Vice President, and Meryl A.G. Gonchar was installed as an MCBA Trustee.
Chairman Paul A. Rowe received the National Judge Learned Hand Award, which is bestowed upon leaders in the legal profession in recognition of excellence and significant contributions to the legal profession.
- 5.13.13Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis Attorneys Exhibit and Lecture at Annual New Jersey Cooperator Condo, HOA, Co-Op and Apartment Management Expo
On hand this year to greet visitors at the firm’s display booth were Dennis A. Estis, John H. Hague, Christine F. Marks and Robert S. Underhill. Luke J. Kealy was a seminar panelist and Jeffrey A. Sirot was a participant at the “Ask the Expert” booth.
- 5.10.13Recent NJ Appellate Court Decision is First to Uphold Contractual Indemnification in Instances of Alleged or Proven Negligence
This ruling represents an important win for litigation partner C. Brian Kornbrek and associate Thomas K. Murphy, who represented the defendant in this case.
The firm’s representation of Avidan Management LLC in a 2012 transaction, has earned our team, Jack Fersko, Kenneth T. Bills and Regina E. Schneller, a position as Finalists for the Deal of the Year Award, presented by the New Jersey Chapter of NAIOP.
Alan S. Pralgever, with support from Gary L. Koenigsberg, recently won a significant victory in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit on behalf of our client GF Princeton, LLC.
- 3.21.13Paul A. Rowe Receives Number One Ranking For Second Consecutive Year
Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP takes pride in announcing that forty-three of our firm’s attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2013 edition and, for the second consecutive year, the firm’s chairman, Paul A. Rowe, has the distinction of being “Ranked Number One”.
Jack Fersko served as Session Leader for a plenary session entitled “Stick It Where the Sun Shines: Solar Development as the Next Real Estate Frontier.” Ann M. Waeger served as Meeting Leader, and was at the helm of all education programming for this year’s Spring Meeting
Robert Beckelman has been appointed to the Board of PlanSmartNJ, an independent, non-profit planning and research organization.
Marc J. Gross has obtained a significant ruling from a Federal Judge, who awarded attorneys’ fees and costs following the firm’s success in preventing BP Products North America from terminating all of its NJ franchises.
- 2.26.13Registration for Sandy-Related Assistance from FEMA or SBA Ends This Friday
Three of the firm's Litigation Department partners are included in this year's edition: Paul A. Rowe, Barry S. Goodman and Marc J. Gross.
- 2.7.13By Robert S. Goldsmith
Robert S. Goldsmith participated in this year's two-day networking train ride to Washington, D.C.
Litigation partner Brian Kornbrek and associate Thomas K. Murphy recently achieved a significant victory in Stevenson v. American Honda Finance Corp.
The book, a practical guide to assist condominium and other common interest communities, attorneys and other professionals, as well as lay persons, was co-authored by Wendell A. Smith, Dennis A. Estis, and Christine F. Li.
Our partner Robert Beckelman, played a key role, as a member of the New Jersey Builders Association Redevelopment Committee, in the recent drafting of A3615 / S2447, a bill that seeks to address issues brought to light by recent case law.
Martindale-Hubbell has recognized Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP on its list of the “2013 Top Ranked Law Firms” in the United States.
- 1.10.13Partner Christine F. Li Receives Prestigious Arthur S. Horn Distinguished Service Award from New Jersey State Bar Association
Christine F. Li, Real Estate Department partner, will be honored by the New Jersey State Bar Association Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section at its Annual Dinner.
Glenn Berman has joined the firm as Of Counsel and will reside in the firm's Woodbridge office.
Senwan H. Akhtar was one of two Special Editors of the December 2012 issue of New Jersey Lawyer Magazine, a publication of the New Jersey State Bar Association.
The brief was authored by a team led by Daniel L. Schmutter, John J. Reilly, John H. Hague.
Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP is pleased to announce that Irene Hsieh has joined the firm as an Associate in the Litigation Department.
Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP is pleased to announce the publication of the 2012 edition of Real Estate Closing Procedures, authored by our partner Christine F. Li,
John D. North was recently installed as President of TANJ.
- 10.10.12David Farer to Interview Deputy Secretary of the Interior at Annual Meeting of American College of Environmental Lawyers
David B. Farer, will conduct an in-depth interview with David J. Hayes, Deputy Secretary of the U.S. Department of the Interior, during the 2012 annual meeting of ACOEL.
Our firm was a sponsor of the conference, titled “Women Moving Forward Together,” in keeping with our active involvement in the Women in the Profession Section - Emily A. Kaller currently serves as Section Chair and Stephanie G. Reckord as Secretary, while Meryl A.G. Gonchar is a trustee and Andrea J. Sullivan is a Section member.
David B. Farer is featured in the September 2012 issue of Commerce magazine in the article “New Jersey’s LSRPs: Rising to the Challenge.”
Alan S. Naar recently spoke with New Jersey Business for a special feature on “The Case for Alternative Dispute Resolution. ”
- 9.8.12Recognizes 43 Attorneys in Respective Practice Areas
Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP is pleased to announce that 10 of our partners have been selected as 2013 “Lawyer of the Year” and 43 of the firm’s attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2013 edition of Best Lawyers.
- 9.6.12Real Estate Team at GRS&D Represents Seller in Major Industrial Real Estate Transaction in Northern New Jersey
Our partner Jack Fersko, along with partners Regina E. Schneller and Kenneth T. Bills, served as legal counsel to the Avidan team on the high-value transaction.
Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP is pleased to announce the publication of the 2012 edition of Guidebook to Chancery Practice in New Jersey, co-authored by Paul A. Rowe, chairman of the firm and Litigation Department partner Andrea J. Sullivan.
- 7.31.12Elyse Wolff Appointed Member of NJ Women Lawyers Association Board of Directors and Co-Chair of Young Lawyers Division
Elyse H. Wolff, an attorney in the Litigation Department, was appointed to the Board of Directors of the New Jersey Women Lawyers Association at its Annual Installation Dinner on July 12, 2012
- 7.12.12Court Strikes Down NJDEP Regulation That Imposed Cleanup Obligations on Users of Small Amounts of Hazardous Substances
The case was litigated by Daniel L. Schmutter with support from partners Jay A. Jaffe and Jack Fersko.
Partner Andrea J. Sullivan was installed as Treasurer of the Middlesex County Bar Association at the group’s Annual Installation of Officers & Trustees Dinner in May.
- Practice Groups
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Automotive Dealership & Franchise Law
- Banking & Financial Services Litigation
- Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring
- Cannabis Industry
- Community Association
- Construction Contracting & Risk Management
- Construction Disputes
- Criminal Defense & Regulatory Compliance
- Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
- Energy, Renewable Resources & Sustainable Development
- Financial Incentives & Economic Development
- Higher Education
- Planned Real Estate
- Product Liability
- Real Estate & Commercial Financing Transactions
- Real Estate Brokerage
- News & Events